Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Chapter 1 The Rescue 12/2/09

Mother seems really aggrivated today, which means that I'm going to have to be extremely careful to please her. This morning I was doing dishes while listening to her rush around getting my brothers ready for school. Well she walked into the kitchen and caught me with my hands out of the dishwater. I have a few goosebumps on the top of my head from the blow, and a bruise under my eye from my face striking the counter. After I finished what little food was left from my brother's breakfast, I caught a ride to school with them. As we neared my school, mom told me to tell the teachers that I ran into the door by accident. As I walked into the school I was called right into the nurse's office for my daily body exam. Again I lied about my injuries, even though the nurse already knows what goes on at my house. But my horrible day turned into my finally being freed. The teachers at the school risked their jobs and called the police, who came in and took my statment and looked at the notes the nurse had jotted down that morning. I will always be greatful for everything that they did for me.

1 comment:

  1. David, I'm so sorry. I never knew what was going on which makes me feel horrible. I said mean things and didn't even consider your feelings. I'm the police stepped in for you. May you find happiness.

    Your classmate
    Sam

    ReplyDelete